Police clearance certificate
- Reasons for application
- Police certificates from the Japanese National Police Agency are issued only when required by certain authorities. The certificate is designed for certain purposes such as when requested by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship in relation to an application for Australian citizenship, for permanent residency visas or for registration to the Victorian or South Australian Teaching Board. Individuals who wish to apply for a police clearance certificate other than for the above mentioned reasons are asked to contact the Consular section in regards to the correct application procedure.
- Requirements (For non-Japanese citizens)
- Office Hours
- All applicants requiring fingerprinting must make an appointment by online prior to lodging an application.
- Please make an appointment from the link here (Click here).
- 9.00AM - 12.30PM, 2.00PM - 4.00PM
- (Monday to Friday except public holidays.)
- Processing time
- The processing time usually takes approximately eight to ten weeks.
- Free of charge.
- Postal Application
- Please contact us those who reside in a remote area.