Short term visa for Transit
- A valid passport with (original plus one photo copy) sufficient space for a visa
- A valid Australian visa
- - Visa sticker on your passport, or
- - Visa Grant Notice Letter, or
- - Visa status confirmation from the Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) system--Click here to go to the VEVO of the Australian Immigration
- Visa application form (PDF format) (Excel format) duly completed and signed by the applicant (*application form sample)
- You must answer all the questions. If there is nothing to write for a particular question, please write "None" or "N/A".
- Russia, CIS countries and Georgia nationals need to submit 2 visa application forms.
- One 4.5cm*3.5cm or 2in*2in size passport standard photo attached to the application form.
- Glue only, please do not staple or tape.
- White background only
- It has to be taken within the past 6 months.
- Russia, CIS countries and Georgia nationals need to submit 2 photos.
- A copy of E-ticket or flight details (full flight details from an accredited travel agent or airline.)
- Complete flight itinerary, starting from and returning to Australia, including any stops in other countries.
- (e.g. Melbourne-China-Japan-China-Melbourne)
- Flight itinerary need to include Traveller's name, departure & arrival dates and time.
- If you do not plan to come back to Australia, all the flights to your home country are required.
- You do not need to purchase your airline tickets, but we do require a confirmed reservation. We are not responsible for tickets which may be unusable due to the delay or denial of a visa.
- Visa or clearance from the country you intend to enter after Japan (if applicable)
- If you intend to enter a third country after Japan and a visa is required, you must get that visa first.
- Information about your accommodation whilst in Japan
- (e.g. Letter of confirmation for hotel reservation)